Hallo Gast » Login oder Registrierung
NETZWERK
TOP-THEMEN: STARFIELDCOD: MODERN WARFARE 3FC 24FORZA MOTORSPORTDIABLO IVXBOX SERIES XXBOX MINI FRIDGE

Halo 3 Map-Packs
Exclamation 

In der Dezember Ausgabe der GameInformer gibt es jetzt erstmals Bilder der Multiplayer Karte Orbital:
[Bild: 36.jpg]
Quelle 1;Größere Auflösung;Quelle 2

So ich hab mal versucht den Text neben dem Bild zu entziffern:
Orbital

This map has never been publicly shown until now. It takes place atop the Quito Space Tether (basically a massive tower that transports cargo and people easily in and out of the atmosphere), so if you look out of the windows you’ll see Earth below. Particularly ballsy players can even stop to read plaques dedicated to Tobias Shaw and Walace Fujikawa, inventors of the Slipspace Drive, which opened the door to human space exploration.

"The interesting thing about this map is that it’s a pretty asymmetric space, but it’s essentially two long tunnels overlapping each other”, Bakken says. "The idea behind it is we wanted another medium map that’s good for one-sided game types like one bomb, one flag and territories. Each base has a big door that works well for [these] games. It’s another obstacle to overcome when you’re infiltrating the base. The first is just to get down to the base, pop open the door and then open up the fastest possible rode back. So you open up the door, grab the flag, and leaver.”

As apparent in the screens, the long hallways mix well with the sniper rifles and rocket launchers hidden throughout the station. Mongoose and Ghost vehicles offer a […], yet quick way to navigate the tunnels. Beware, they also tend to draw more attention from opponents.

[…] = Wort konnte ich nicht lesen.

EDIT: 8. Dezember 2008

Zitat:"I was invited to play the new maps (minus Sandbox) at Bungie HQ along with some of the biggest community people in Halo (Louis Wu, Cocopjojo, Voc, etc). So I thought to give you a small, small heads up, I would help you out with a little bit of information.

Okay, so here we go:

Assembly: small to mid-size map. Bowl shaped covenant scarab factory - you've seen it.

Heretic: Midship remake. The ONLY - and literally ONLY - difference any of us could find (we tested all the jumps) was that jump pad on top, where you can jump up and get the sword, it was bouncy whenever you jumped or threw grenades on it in H2. It wasn't bouncy in Heretic. Everything else was faithful. Programmed into the map is BR/plasma nade starts. The sky box when you look out the windows is AMAZING - it is a view of quite a few Covenant carriers and ships coming into possibly our Solar system, and you are looking out from the belly of another ship. There is one that is really close to you and you can see amazing detail on the ship. There is a planet nearby too.

Orbital: I played 8v8 on this map, and it was WAY too many people. But it was a lot of corridor shooting. I never got a chance to explore this map (this was the only game I played on this map). It was obvious it was some sort of orbiting platform around earth - most likely a MAC cannon. There were quite a few computer screens on top of every entryway. Very neat.

Longshore: Wow. Easily my favorite map of all of them. This is a BTB map, and it is along the docks of OLD Mombasa (confirmed by Lars). There are even little maroon dinghies with small engines at a part of the map (I poked fun and said "I guess they never changed the design of small boat engines in 500 years, the employees got a laugh out of that). When you look out to the water, you see 2 LARGE carrier ships off in the distance, with pelicans and longswords and a couple other planes of some sort. It is AMAZING. There is a 2 story building on one side (base 1) with the roof also being accessible, and another 2 two-story buildings on the other side (Base 2). A center structure (kind of like a warehouse/boat storage facility) separates the two bases, and there is up at the WAY top of this structure an extendable bridge that drops on the roof of base 1. Lots of other buildings/crates/places to hide. One side of the map is all ocean, the other side is blocked by a large building that is part of the boat warehouse middle structure. This fish picture/drawing that was being handed out at PAX was a billboard on this map.

Citadel: I played this map with Lars. This map was LARGELY inspired by the level "The Covenant" when you were inside of the Forerunner structures, right after the battle with the Hunters who were below the elevator platform. When you have to go around and up an angled jump to battle a few brutes and buggers to get to the platform, that part is almost exactly in the map! It was really cool and was a good close quarters map. Two overshields spawn, and there is a central location with a small structure in the middle with Rockets on top. There are a lot of things hidden in here, very cool map.

And Sandbox they didn't let us play (none of us have any idea why?) and said nothing about it either.

This is just to give you an idea of what everything is about.

~Williams"
Quelle

EDIT 20. Dezember 2008:

Ein neues Bild von Orbital aus dem BWU:
[Bild: H3_MP_Orbital_Tether.jpg]
Großes Format

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von Marc
19.07.2023, 08:13
Letzter Beitrag von Crossjudy
30.10.2013, 13:43